We are looking for a Mid-Level Java Developer to join our clients the Systems Development Team at their headquarters in Bolton. The Systems Development Team design, develop and maintain Java-based solutions.
Our client, an independently owned investment fund house are going through rapid expansion in both headcount and new business this is an exciting time to join the team whilst they evolve our software platform to be scalable, resilient and in line with industry best-practices.
- Working collaboratively across Software Development and Business functions to design, develop, deliver and maintain high quality software solutions for the Business
- To be effective during all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, estimating, implementation, testing, delivery, training and knowledge share) in accordance with current industry best-practices.
- To work in line with company and team objectives, ensuring adherence to relevant internal procedures and FCA regulations.
- To continually evaluate and refine standards and best-practices in the Java Development Team
- To represent the team and contribute in meetings with both peers and non-technical stakeholders
- This role provides an excellent opportunity to put your mark on a small but business critical team.
- Qualifications-Educated to degree level in Computer Science (or related)
- Any industry Java related qualifications
- Minimum 1-year Core Java commercial experience
- Providing end user support
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Confident manner both written and verbally
- Ability to work under pressure
- Positive attitude
- Ability to be flexible and learn quickly
- Friendly and approachable
- Ability to make a positive contribution to both the team and the Company
- Java Swing UI development
- Financial services experience
- Automated builds with continuous integration