Our client, a family owned business, has rapidly grown to become one of the UK’s leading suppliers of personal protective equipment, with a customer-focused approach and exceptional customer loyalty driving continual growth.
The purpose of the Internal Sales Account Manager role is to help the business continue to grow revenues profitability, primarily in the UK marketplace. This is achieved by identifying, targeting and securing new-to-Anchor business opportunities, and developing and growing a selected portfolio of existing client business.
- Responsibility for the development of allocated accounts, both current and lapsed.
- Qualification of leads generated by the website, inbound telephone calls, and other enquiries including engaging with customers or prospects by telephone, face to face, and via the website live chat function.
- Communication of Anchor' unique Customer Value Proposition - Migrating existing Customers to the e-commerce platform.
- Formulating appropriate strategies to secure and/or develop allocated accounts, and partner with field-based Strategic Account Directors on Key Account strategy.
- Preparing customer presentations and attending both on-site and off-site customer meetings.
- Recording all Sales and Customer Care activity on Salesforce.
- Formulating annual and monthly sales targets per customer, reporting on and accepting accountability for forecasts.
- Preparing and/or assisting in the preparation of tenders and proposals.
- Performing other sales-related duties and activities as may reasonably be assigned by the Sales Director from time to time.
- Business to Business Sales / Account Management Experience.
- Spoken and written English to a high standard.
- Educated to at least A-level standard - ideally with a degree in a business-related subject.
- Strong business acumen and commercial awareness.
- Fluent in the use of Microsoft® Office.
- Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, e.g., gross margin percentages and calculations.
- Ability to build strong rapport and create long lasting relationships at all levels.
- Excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on quality, professionalism, Customer focus and business growth.
- Highly competent organiser, with strong coordination and project management skills.
- High degree of emotional resilience, with an ability to work well under pressure, and to deadlines.
- A 'can do’ attitude with an efficient approach to problem solving - Mature, credible, comfortable dealing with Customer & Supplier contacts up to Director level.
- Well presented, organised and business-like.
- A flexible approach to working hours when working to deadlines.