The Technical Sales Manager is responsible for supporting the wider sales team and operations team in securing profitable business, you will be required to accurately specify projects on desk-based or full site survey proposals and audits.
This will be covering our key areas within the renewable’s hub, primarily the following areas:
- Solar PV
- Electric Vehicle Charging – AC and DC
- Battery Storage
You will also be responsible for the leading teams to deliver projects and ensure successful on-time and on-budget delivery. This includes managing resources, contractors, schedules, and financials. It also includes the management of issues and risks.
- Play a key role in the renewables team, having specific commercial and technical input to support the business and market needs to ensure accelerated growth in the UK.
- Conduct initial site surveys on chosen customer sites, utilise existing audit tools to prove potential savings and attractive payback.
- Understand the sectors we should sell into based around existing clients, open new sectors, and work with Management / Customer bases to maximise our sales efforts.
- Continually improve controls and implement process improvements. Reduce non-added value work and build out maintenance contract opportunities.
- Engage and deliver product knowledge, application, and troubleshooting skills to the customers, as required.
- Full project cycle ownership
- Oversee and manage a portfolio of projects across the renewable hub business unit.
- Manage all aspects of multiple related projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Report on project success criteria results, metrics, test and deployment management activities
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project.
- Manage solar and EV contractor relationships.
- To maintain customer relationships, out-of-hours work/entertaining / UK travel is anticipated.
Skills and Experience
- Educated to a high academic level, ideal with progress to a professional qualification, or relevant equivalent experience.
- Technical knowledge of the business area you are responsible for
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages.
- Experience in solar and battery storage system design and installation.
- Knowledge of related technologies, including EV and electric heating.
- MCS Certified preferred but not essential.